Monday, March 21, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friend...

I procrastinate. I second guess myself.

So, it shouldn't be a surprise knowing I have been wanting, drooling, swooning over a new camera for months. Like many other things, important and not important, I am afraid I will pick the wrong one or do the wrong thing. But finally, I did it. I really did it. Aren't you proud of me?



I am super excited {even though the picture doesn't look like it} to introduce you to my new friend, the Canon Digital Rebel and the 50mm lens. EEK... I have dreamed of owning a camera like this for quite some time now... and Saturday, that dream came true! I am just beside myself. I am giddy with excitement! I have taken 200 pictures of anything and everything this weekend....just playing around with it. I am pretty sure I am driving my boys {all 4 of them} crazy! I have so much to learn. There are so many settings, options, menus... It is a far cry from the little point-and-shoot that I am used to.

So stay tuned for the plethora of photos and how to's that are sure to follow! Any advice for this newbie? What do you love about your camera?

Happy Monday and Happy Shooting!

4 comments:

  1. So lucky! I'm getting mine in a month, and I'm pracically counting the days until I can drive my family crazy -- well, more crazy :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got one for Christmas- LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those as a backup camera for my business. They shoot great. I just read a cool tip from another blogger- http://www.aliciashomemaking.com/2011/03/ultra-frugal-dslr-camera-equipment-try_17.html
    You may want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Alicia} I can't wait for you to get your camera! You will LOVE it!!!

    {Redawson80} You are so right! I love it. I can't wait till I actually understand everything about it!

    {Messy Mom} Thank you so much for telling me to read about Alicias tip! Do you use any specific editing? I feel like that would help me :)

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...