Monday, April 4, 2011

We Interrupt this Crazy Rainstorm...

How was your weekend? 
Here at our little castle it was filled with productivity.
 I don't know if it is Spring taking it's effect on us or what. But we did work this week as a family. We worked outside, went to soccer, picked some weeds, 
mowed the lawn and sat on the deck with our feet on table and just talked. 
It was nice to just have a few minutes for Coach W and I to just relax and talk.
The kids were in bed, the lawn was freshly mowed, the birds were chirping and the air was perfect. 
It was what I needed to start this crazy week we have coming up. 
As I sit here and type away on my keyboard one thing that 
keeps coming to mind is a sweet compliment I received this weekend.
I have thought about it 100 x's and it makes me smile. 
It brings me joy. It gives me that feeling that I am doing something right. 
So, I wanted to challenge you this week to
take a minute to Compliment  
someone around you. 
I don't mean "I like your hair" or "your make-up looks hawt".
Truly think about it and put some meaning behind it. 
I can promise you if they are anything like me it will make their day!
I don't think we realize how powerful our words truly can be.
 Let's make someones day okay?
Hugs to you all on this Rainy Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. One of those things you don't really think about until someone points it out. I admire so many people, but I can't remember the last time I really gave someone the compliment they deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT challenge! I need to do this more with my kids! Not just tell them how cute they are or how funny they are, but focus on their character. It's sad that doesn't come natually like pointing out something so surface. Thank you for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...