Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What Are You Doing To Make A Difference?

It's been on my mind. Alot. My heart has ached and yet for me at this point I don't know exactly what 'it' means. I am still praying and working through it. I want to do more as far as giving not only with this blog but just in general. There are SO many people, adults, tiny babies and children hurting. So, what does that mean for me? I have been blessed with not only things that I need but things that I want. I don't stay up at night thinking about how my kids will have to be without shoes or that the ones they wear make their sweet little feet blister. I don't worry about having clean water or where my boys will sleep tonight. What does this all mean for me? What does it mean for you?
Right now I am feeling ...  
... thankful
... unworthy
... called
... blessed
... needed
... humbled
... in need of prayer
... wondering what it would be like 
to know I was giving a child a chance
Right now I am praying...
... for direction
... for peace
... clarity
... openness

Have you ever just felt like you needed to do more? For me maybe that is this blog adopting a child from this organization or maybe it's supporting someone who is on the front line of going and wrapping their arms around these sweet kids who just need to be loved on. One of my friends just got back from Uganda. I have seen her pictures and can hear through her words the change in her. As I continue to pray through this I thought I would begin to share with you what I am thinking and feeling. I am excited to see the outcome of this burden that is on my heart.


Here is an easy way for you to make a difference today! Check out TOMS shoes. Today is TOMS annual One Day Without Shoes Event! The challenge is to go one day without shoes and when someone asks you why you aren't wearing any shoes you can tell them. Unbelievably awesome! Every pair of shoes you buy from them they turn around and provide a pair for a child in an impoverished country. How great is that? Plus the shoes are ADORABLE!


What will you do to make a difference? We are all called to be bigger than ourselves. Thanks for letting me share my heart. 


xoxox,

This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda. Go check out some other fabulous Top Ten lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...