Monday, January 24, 2011

Have You Ever Asked Yourself This?


Ah, life choices. Take one path, and you're working as a professional dancer or a well known interior designer. Take another, and you're cleaning up crunched up goldfish off the floor, wiping butts and are covered in baby throw up. And while you enjoy mommyhood,  if you are like me you often daydream about what life might be if you hadn't taken that path. 

What would you be doing right now if you weren't a mom? Kinda crazy to even think about isn't it? Maybe thats a good thing. I don't know. What I do know is that in the midst of the tantrums, the tears, the discipline, the crunched up goldfish on the floor, the giggles and the hugs I soon realize there is no alternative

There is no "what if"... this is my path. This is the journey for my life mapped out by a God who knows me and loves me far more than I could ever imagine. So, yes, I daydream on occasion of what my fabulous life would have looked like had this not have been my "path" and then I catch a glimpse of a smile from my three little men with killer dimples and realize there is no other place on earth I would rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...