Thursday, January 20, 2011

A bit of ...

erspective....

I tend to flip out about the littlest things.... your shocked, right? Yeah, not so much. Last week our plasma completely stopped working. Working one minute, dead the next. And although I am thankful we have two other t.v's in the house I was so bummed. We are going on two long weeks without a t.v. in our family room. Kinda pathetic that I miss it so much but I do. We decided to order a new one off of Amazon. The only thing I was worried about was that it would be here by today.

In case I forgot to tell you this, we are having Team Dinner at our house tonight. For many this isn't a big deal but for me I have to have the house perfect {why, they are teenage boys} and I tend to freak out that we wont have enough food. Thankfully, I have built an awesome relationship with our local Olive Garden and they provide all of the food for FREE. My boys have literally had a countdown going on our fridge. This is quite possibly their favorite day of the year {even more than Christmas} and if I am being honest I love having all of the kids over for a meal and to hang out. The conversations, the laughter, the craziness, the games, all of it... I LOVE!

Back to the T.V. situation. We get a brand spankin new t.v. last night and open it up only to find that the screen is completely busted. So, we now have an awesomely BROKEN television. Then I get a call from my mom to say that we are getting a snow storm. Hello, don't you people realize I have cleaned my house, made cookies and have TONS of FREE food coming. It can't snow...

Coach W looks at me and says, "Is it really that big of a deal?" I didn't answer because I knew that it wasn't a big deal at all. In fact, the night before I found out that a dear girlfriend of mine was called into her Dr. office because a recent scan she had was not good. She is having an immediate hysterectomy on Friday. She will also be finding out then if it is cancer. Did I mention she has three little kids? Did I mention I don't think it's fair that she has to be going through this? Did I mention this makes my STUPID television situation embarrassing? Here, my dear friend is worried she is going to be in for the fight of her life and I am worried about a flippin television.

It's funny how the Lord can quickly bring you to himself. Here's is what I do know.  Elizabeth loves Jesus more than anything else. She has so many people praying for her and loving on her and her family. So, I am asking all of you to please pray with me that her surgery goes well tomorrow and that there is NO cancer. I serve a mighty God who is able to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine. So, for today I am resting in that.

As for the stupid television... We went to the store and bought another one last night. I am thankful that in the midst of my irrational freak outs and moments of stupidity, He still loves me and continues to extend His grace to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...