Saturday, December 4, 2010

Look what I am cooking...

The best Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas ever! Yep, your shocked right? I am trying at least. Remember this post? Well, I have added to my ONE really good recipe I can actually make. I have been {only one time so far} going to Recipe Club. It's fabulous, a group of awesome women who know how to cook {minus me} make different dishes and share the recipes. Well, I received one about two months ago and it has become a family favorite. So, I now make it like 2 times a week. I make 4 batches at a time and freeze them. So Easy. So Yummy. So... Me. You would think this castle of men would get sick of it but I tend to not be the best cook so anytime they get something that turns out great they are perfectly okay with me making it everyday!
----------------------------

I wanted to share this yummy recipe with you!

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
1.5 lbs Chicken {you can also use pork), cooked and shredded
Sauce:
1/3 c. Honey
1/4 c. Lime Juice
1 tb. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder

2 (10 oz) cans of Green Enchilada Sauce
Shredded cheese of choice, 2-3 cups
16-20 Flour tortillas.

1.) Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded chicken or pork. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.


2.) Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. {Pan Size 9x13 and 9x9} Pour enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in the dish.
3.) Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top!
4.) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
*To Bake from frozen- Bake uncovered at 350 for about an hour. Check enchiladas and then add 10 minute increments as necessary until hot and bubbly.

Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine has! What are some recipes your family has been enjoying lately?

5 comments:

  1. My family LOVES these enchiladas!

    If you like Chinese takeout, here's an easy one: marinate chicken, beef, or pork in 2 T soy sauce, 1 T ginger & 3 minced gloves of garlic. It doesn't have to marinate long. Toss all of that in a wok or a large skillet with a little bit of oil. You can buy stir fry veggies in the produce section of the grocery, usually where the tofu is. I add the those in and let it all cook for just a bit. My kids really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chinese food. I would eat it everyday if it wouldn't make me so darn bloated ;). I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to try this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Bloggy Moms... what a gem!!!!

    This recipe sounds fantastic (and I'm always looking for new recipes). I might have to give this one a go sometime soon... I LOVE enchiladas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen- YAH! I am glad it is something new for you to try!

    Jennifer- I am so happy you found my blog! Thank you for your sweet comment. It made my night!!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...