Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More Than Words: Day 16

I knew throughout this 31 Day process I would learn some new things about myself. I knew it would stretch me. I just didn't think it would have this much. Who would of thought that learning how to eat better, starting a new business venture could create such growing pains? What I do know is that growing pains are never fun but inevitably a part of life. It's part of being healthy and having healthy relationships with not only food but people.

 I have always been a words person. In fact, one of my main love languages has always been words of affirmation but what I am learning about myself is that-- words are not enough. Words to me are like markers, they mark specific moments, life events, memories and lessons I have learned in my life. Words are so powerful. They can change the course of your day/week/year. Our words have the power to lift others up or tear them down.
 They have the ability to spread love and hope.

As I have learned over the past 16 days, words are not enough. I always knew that but it is every so clear to me, the phrase that I have heard my entire 32 years, but only now am I truly starting to grasp it. "Actions speak louder than words!"

This is ringing true in every area of my life. It's not good enough for me to say I want to my family to eat healthier and go to the store and buy tons of junk food. It's not okay for me to say I want to grow in my walk with the Lord but not be willing to get up early and spend time in His word. It's not okay for me to say I want to not raise my voice at my boys but the second an opportunity comes to show self control and hold my tongue I don't. It's not okay for me to say I want relationships to grow but not be willing to put the time in making them watering them. You get what I am saying don't you ?
I  want to leave you with one of my favorite verses...  

                                                       Source: underthecarolinamoon.tumblr.com via Maria Woodall on Pinterest





I’m sharing A Journey of Health each day during October as a part of the “31 Days” challenge


2 comments:

  1. My favorite saying..."Love is a verb."
    SO true!
    Love this post. We're all just a work-in-progress!! But at least we're making efforts!
    Heart you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love language is words of affirmation too. Great verse, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...