Thursday, October 18, 2012

Are You Radiating Beauty? {Day 17&18}

Every woman longs to be feel beautiful.  We spend countless hours every week in the endless pursuit of beauty. We try and cover our freckles, lose weight, tone -up, hide our blemishes and extend our lashes. As woman you and I are created in the image of God, our longing for such approval I believe is natural.  I believe it's actually healthy if it was not for the way human sinful nature has distorted it.

Psalms 34:4:5
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

What I love about this verse is that NOTHING {no hair highlights, working out, plastic surgery, make-up, fake eye lashes, work outs, tanning,} can change that. Because of the cross--We are radiant.  What makes us radiant is simply looking to Him. Fixing our eyes on the cross. I am thankful that the work is done, not by me, but by my Jesus. 

When you and I look to the cross, we radiate because we reflect Him. We radiate peace, love, kindness, truth and gentleness. What are you radiating today? Are you radiating beauty? It can be easy to look to so many other things to make you feel beautiful. I challenge you to look to the cross!




I’m sharing A Journey of Health each day during October as a part of the “31 Days” challenge
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...