Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Reader.

My sweet Mason is a rough and tumble kind of guy. 
He says things that make me want to throw myself on the ground in a fit of laughter. 
He always seems to gravitate toward dirt and more dirt ...it's one of his finer qualities if I do say so myself. But something new has sneaked in along with his dirty little fingers and dirty little orange shoes...my sweet little man has become a reader. It's true. He's a reader. I can't even believe it myself. It's as if a whole new world has opened up to him...he sees words and sentences to read everywhere he goes. He takes his time...he sounds out all of the letters...he's patient and so eager. He can't get enough. If he sees anything with words you better believe he is reading it. It's the best thing in the world to watch him sit and read. 



One minute he's outside playing basketball or running around shooting bubbles...
the next he's in his room and 
I can here his sweet little voice reading his favorite books. 
He tells me that while Brady is at school he likes to practice so at night when it's time for bed he can read our Bible story for Brady and not need his help with any words.
These kinds of things are the best parts of growing up. Watching his confidence and excitement fills my heart to overflowing. 


Oh this boy. My boy. My reader.
I want to surprise him with some fun new books. 
So, any suggestions on what to get my sporty, rough and tumble 5 year old little man?

 

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Reading is so fun and how cool that he's discovered it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley you are so right. Reading is fun! Honestly, I am so bad at sitting down to read. So, I am thankful he is learning this young! By the way, I hope you are enjoying your skinny iced caramel macchiato today!! Those are one of my fav's.

      Delete
  2. Yay! He is such a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loves reading, too! She can sit and let me read her book after book.

    Has he ever read the Skippyjon Jones books? Also check out Justin Case. It's similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I think it's a lot nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Mason! I love that exciting milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...