Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes





Seriously, sometimes kids just know how it is. They have ways of saying and doing things that are candid and absolutely hysterical, but oddly full of a tenderness and honesty that adults should be more capable of achieving in their communication. I find myself only wishing that I could just blurt out what I need to say with the candor and innocence of a child, but sadly, I'm often just too concerned about what other people think.

What brought all of this on was a brief conversation my older boys were having. {They had no idea I was listening}  I am good like that. 

Like every hour of every day at our castle the boys were playing basketball. Mason was complaining about how he hasn't made a 'three' in awhile and wanted the basketball. Brady, being the older more mature one, told him 'No' and then proceeded with these words as Mason began to throw a fit. Mason, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

Both of my boys have thrown that saying around quite a bit and I will say I like it. It got me thinking though. How many times do I 'throw a fit' instead of being grateful for 'what I get'? Sometimes, I am so focused on what I don't have that I forget about what I do have. Better yet, sometimes I am so focused on what I 'want' that I forget that ALL of my needs are met. Do you ever do this

Recently Coach W got a new job. A huge, ginormous answer to prayer. He had been looking for over a year and this new job is fantastic. BUT he no longer gets to come home everyday and have lunch with the boys and I. For me, this makes me 'throw a fit'... it makes my days longer, it makes the boys more rambunctious, it means I can't run out for 15 minutes if I need to .... you get the point. This is me pretty much throwing a viral fit. This is when I need to learn from the truth that comes out of my sweet boys mouth. I need to be thankful and grateful for what I do get because of this new job. Awesome flexibility with his work schedule, still able to coach basketball and awesome retirement....

So, here I am saying it to all of you .... "You get what you get and don't throw a fit". This means with your job, your family, your friends, your kids, your house.... you get the point! 

Happy Tuesday Friends! 


3 comments:

  1. Maria, i love you!!!

    Becky C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Somedays I need that stamped on my forehead! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch Human Planet on Discovery and you will instantly be thankful. Truly eye opening!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...