Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Fitness



Did you know that the average person gains five to eight pounds or more during the holiday season {that's what I heard at least}. What may surprise you is that this weight gain is not all due to cookies, fudge and cakes. Getting ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve means extra stress and extra demands on your time, so many people {aka... me} skip their usual exercise routines. To help us all stay on track here are 5 tips to help us stay fit during this Holiday Season.

  • Make your workout a priority
I already know you have a million parties to attend, presents to buy, Christmas programs to help with... it's never ending. Believe me, I get it. You have to take some time for yourself and take care of YOU. How can you continue to do for others if you don't take a few minutes to be healthy?
  • Drink... {lots of water}
The more water you drink the less hungry you will be! Think about how many times you think you are hungry. Often hunger is mistaken for a need to drink fluids. 
  • Don't Diet
Seriously, why try and diet when you are setting yourself up to fail. I am not saying you can't do it but with so many temptations... I couldn't do it. Why not try to cut back. You can start you diet in a few weeks with the rest of America :)
  • Don't Skip Meals
I always do this. It is the worst thing you can do. Why? From personal experience if I skip a meal I am always about to eat my arm off at the worst time of day... around 8:00. I feel the need to raid my cupboards and eat like I haven't had food in years. Learn from my failures in this. Eat small meals during the day!
  • No Second Helpings
Ouch. This one hurts I know. So, you know the three sugar cookies I just ate. Um. Not good. One would have been okay. 

For the record, I am not a dietitian or fitness guru I would say I am a Zumba addict though. So, that counts, right? I am really writing this to remind myself what I need to do. I have been FAILING miserable and have less energy, feel chubby {aka... second butt is coming back} and blah. So, really I am writing this to keep myself in check and remind us all to stay healthy and fit during the Holidays.

Ok, I am off to go workout! I would love for you to share some fitness tips you have been doing to stay fit during this fabulous holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...