Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Something Special for YOU, My Awesome Readers!

You aren't going to believe this but I have almost written/you have almost read 100 posts of my crazy talk. Which just thrills me to no end! I was trying to think of something special I could do for YOU, my reader friends. The crazy thing is, you actually know me better than some people I see on a daily basis. Kinda crazy? I was going to do a giveaway to you and I still am. It will be something small {so keep checking back to see what it is} but I also wanted to do something on a larger scale. It's Christmas time and there are SO many families who are struggling. I would love to have YOU, the B.M.C. readers, adopt a family for Christmas. What do you think? I would love for it to be a local family {but it doesn't have to be}. That way we can stay in touch and bless them not just at Christmas but throughout the year. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this. If you know of a family, or a local organization PLEASE let me know.

As I have said many times before, "it is way better to give than to receive." Time to start putting some action behind the words I write.

Here are 10 of my favorite verses on giving. Enjoy.

Deuteronomy 10:17-18
17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. 18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

Proverbs 22:9
9 A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.

Proverbs 29:7
7 The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7
6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

1 John 3: 17-18
17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 

Ephesians 4:28
28 He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

Philippians 4:19
19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:18
18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

Hebrews 13:16
16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

1 John 3: 17-18
17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 

So excited to share this experience with you and see the way the Lord uses this to bless a family and show His love during this holiday season.

This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda ...Go check it out!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea!
    I don't know of a particular family. But, here's one suggestion: - Target: Dayton! Ministries, they are a church located in downtown Dayton (Xenia Ave). The primary focus of the ministry is to reach the poor and homeless of Dayton, Ohio for Christ. http://www.targetdayton.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in...let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea Jessica! I am going to check into it! Thank you.

    Meghan- As soon as I figure out exactly who we are "adopting" I will let you know. Thanks for wanting to get involved. Im super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...