Friday, July 30, 2010

What will your legacy be?

The events of the last couple of months and most recently the news of a good friend who lost her mom last night, reminds me that when we leave this life, we will be remembered by those who knew us for whatever good or not-so-good stands out.   There are some who have a single defining moment in their life that they are remembered by, and that’s it.   There are others who leave a life long legacy by who they believed in, how they treated others and how they loved.
Since my dad passed away in November, it has changed me. I don't know how you can't be changed when you lose a parent.  Even when you know they are with Jesus it still (at least for me) leaves a feeling of heaviness.  One of my girlfriends told me a story about how she heard a random song in her pilate's class and it made her think of her mom (who recently went to be with Jesus). She talked about how she was trying not to let anyone see the tears as she was stretching.  I thought this was such a great story because it is so true.  There are many things you can prepare for but I don't feel like you can be prepared to deal with losing someone. 

Which leads me to what has been so heavy on my heart.... What legacy will I leave behind to my boys? What will they remember about me?  Did I point to Jesus enough to leave a mark on the people that are around me? Will others truly know who I was, what I stood for and who I believed in? 

I know death isn't a topic anyone likes to discuss but it's part of life and the reality is, we aren't promised another minute on this earth.  So, I guess my question to you is.....
What do you want your legacy to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...