Tuesday, August 30, 2011

10 Fabulous Ways To Use Burlap

Have you all noticed the new trend in town, it's called Burlap. Let me just show you some fabulous ways to use this versatile and yet affordable material. With it’s rustic, shabby look it is the new go to material. In fact, there are so many ways to add this versatile fabric to your decor. Have a look...

        Source: thedieline.com via The BMC Report on Pinterest


Going to your local market is even better with these adorable burlap market bags. What I love even more is that these adorable bags were created by two gals who wanted to raise money to help local farmers in Alachua County, Fl.

                                                                                                Source: adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com via Melyn on Pinterest


You can use old boxes from around the house, 
cover them in burlap and you have the cutest storage bins ever!

                                                                                             Source: fancyhouseroad.com via Emi on Pinterest


Who doesn't love a banner? I love the way it makes the home feel so cozy. Especially with fall knocking at our door. 



Source: stylemepretty.com via brooke on Pinterest

It is perfect to use as a table runner. It gives that little bit of extra vintage flair to what would have been a somewhat plain table. 

Source: thecsiproject.com via Valerie on Pinterest

Who knew you could actually print or use a sharpie on burlap? Unbelievable. Check out this fabulous tutorial if you want to learn how to make this.


Did you realize Christmas is in less than 120 days away. Oh my. Go ahead and add burlap to some of your fancy wrappings this year. 

Source: etsy.com via Cathey on Pinterest

                                         Aren't these pillows just adorable? 
                                             I can't wait to have these in my family room! 




This takes my breath away. I never in a million years would of thought about adding burlap to a lamp. I know you want to know how to make it so here is the tutorial I found.
A. MAZ. ING.


Source: flickr.com via Katy on Pinterest

Without a doubt I will be making these for our mantel this Christmas. I have a really fun idea to share with you once it gets closer. 

Source: thestudiolo.com via Jennifer on Pinterest

We are in desperate need of a headboard makeover and when I say this tutorial I couldn't help but share it with you all!

This by far has been one of my favorite Top Ten posts to write. I have had such a great time looking around Pinterest and finding some of the BEST and most CREATIVE ways to use this amazing material we call Burlap!




This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda.
 Go check out some other fabulous Top Ten lists!

4 comments:

  1. I love the lamp!!! Putting it on my craft list for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burlap. I will probably end up trying every one of these ideas for my home. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking out your blog from WIWW. I LOVE burlap! Definitely making those burlap stockings for Christmas - so great!! Great blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess~ I knew you would LOVE this!

    Lynsey~ Thanks for stopping by! I am loving burlap even more :)

    Amber~ Yah for WIWW! I am 100% making those stocking too. Aren't they the cutest?!!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...