Friday, May 6, 2011

Extreme Makeover {Teachers Lounge Edition}

Happy Friday Friends!
The past few weeks myself and another gal have been working on a 'surprise' room for the teachers at our boys school. For years, they have never had a 'space' to call home. A place that was just theirs, to sit and talk {even for only a brief second}. After hearing this we decided for Teacher Appreciation week we would give them a special room to call home.

I watch all of the episodes of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I literally cry EVERY episode. There is just something so powerful about giving to others. It truly blesses my soul to watch. For me I jumped at the opportunity to do an Extreme Makeover Teachers Lounge Edition. I am giddy with joy when it comes to decorating. It makes me happy because I know the end result will be a thing of beauty.

We were given a very small room filled with piles upon piles of junk. We didn't care. It was a room and we were thankful. We cleaned. We painted. We refurbished. I then took a trip with a friend to Ikea. My goal was to create a space that when you opened the door it felt warm and relaxing. As if they were at home or at a friends house. I wanted it to be calming so they could go in, shut the door and take a deep breath. 

So, do you want to see pictures? Of course you do.







Simple. Chic. Cozy. When the teachers saw the room this morning they were in tears. It makes hours of hauling furniture, cleaning and painting 100% worth it. I am so thankful to be a part of this. Oh, Ty Pennington I am waiting for your call. I am totally available to be a guest designer on next season of Extreme Makeover Home Edition!!

8 comments:

  1. The room looks awesome! They are so blessed to have a parent as thoughtful as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! As a teacher, I would LOVE to come hang out in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a homeschooling mama, do you think you could come make a teacher's lounge for me?? Beautiful job Maria! What a wonderful way to use your talents to bless others! I'm sure they are SO grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock my socks off!! I wish I could have been there for the big REVEAL! You should be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so great! I also would have loved to see the teacher's faces! I'm sure this will be a place they will love using for years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...amazing! It's totally peaceful and relaxing. This totally trumps my teacher's lounge at school. You seriously could start a room makeover company or something like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could do it all over again I would have brought a video camera. Their reaction was priceless. It makes me want to do more for them because they were truly so thankful!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...