Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Number ONE goal for 2011. {in picture form}

This time of year everyone and their mother makes New Years resolutions. Yes, I do too. However, if you are like me within two weeks I don't remember what they were. My fabulous zumba friend, Courtney, said it best the other day. She said, "this time of year people seem to hit a reboot button". Is that not so true? You take time to reflect over the past year and gear up/reboot for the upcoming year.

I thought it might be helpful for us to figure out together some ways that will help all of us stick to our resolutions this year. Because truth be told even if you are one who doesn't make one {because you think your to good for it} in the back of your mind you have totally thought of some things you want to quit or accomplish in this next year!

Here is some strategery to help us all.
 
1. Keep them few in number: Even if you need to change 50 things this year. You are more likely to stick with it if you have a smaller number to accomplish.
2. Keep it simple: It doesn't have to be anything extravagant. I love the quote "Keep it simple, stupid" We {as in me} try and complicate everything.  Figure out what YOU need  to work on. That's it!
3. Be realistic: Yes, you want it to stretch you but be realistic {use common sense}.
4. Be specific: Make sure that you completely identify what it is you want to accomplish.
5. Make it measurable: You really can't manage what you can't measure. Make sense right?
6. Time specific: Don't just say in 2011 I want to.... work out. Set a specific date/time you plan to accomplish your goal by.  
7. Write it down: If you are a blogger then blog about your goals. If you aren't and you just LOVE me so you are reading this... First, I heart you back. Second, go get a pen and paper and write it down. Heck, leave me a comment with your resolutions I will hold you accountable. Really, I will. Which brings me to...
8. Accountability: Share what your goals are with others. Tell your family/friends/other bloggers what you are committed to achieving this year. I personally have a love/hate relationship with accountability. It keeps you in check that's for sure! I know for me I NEED more of it in my life!
9. Enjoy the journey: Will it be hard? Yes. Will you mess up {more than once}? Yes. Will it be worth it when you accomplish just what you said you were going to? Yes.
10. Here is one of my goals in 2011 {in picture form} Can you guess what my NUMERO UNO New Years Resolution is for 2011?



  
 I would love to hear some of yours. What are you going to work on in 2011? You have seen one of mine... It's now your turn! 
This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda  

6 comments:

  1. I haven't ever done specific New Years Resolutions but I really should probably. Especially around our finances. We are doing well but I think some written down, specific goals would be more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often write down my resolutions (or at least blog about them) but I should definitely leave them in a place where I will see them more often. I tend to forget them quickly.

    My resolutions this year are more like goals I've set for my businesses because my husband and I would like to make some major changes. And in addition to that we hope to pay off more debt and there's always a project or 10 that we want to do around the house.

    Oi...the list is already enormous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great tips for keep resolutions.

    Loved your numeral uno! Ha! I need to have that be my top one as well.

    Happy New Year!

    Here from Top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Dawn! Happy New Year!!

    Amy and Tiffany-Thanks for leaving a comment! I also have tons of house "projects" to start and finish this upcoming year. :)

    I would say for me my top three are 1. Listen before I speak {with my boys and hubby} 2. Workout three-four times a week in the mornings before my family gets up. 3. Learn how to cook one new healthy meal a month {I hate cooking & am terrible at it!} I actually have like 10 more but I guess I should take my own advice and pick a few I can actually stick to! Happy New Years Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want you to know I'm linking to this on my New Year's post! Happy New Year Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, Emily! Thank you! Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

How to keep off the 7-10lb weight gain this Holiday Season

Happy Monday, friends! Did you know that many people gain anywhere from 7-10 lbs over the holidays (from Halloween through New Years)?? I k...